Sunday, May 10, 2015

My day with a journalist

 I went with Hannah's grampa as he went about his job as a journalist and publisher of The Star newspaper in Grand Coulee.

I thought it might be boring, but when you're flat the possibilities are endless.

Haven't you always wanted to ride in the vacuum tube that sucks your parents' bank business up at the drive-up window at the bank?

I got to do that!

Whoosh!


Whoooooooooah!

Haha! You should have seen the look on the teller's face when I popped out and said, "Hi!"




















Next, we went to shoot photos of a race at Lake Roosevelt Elementary School.



Next: The rodeo!

This is the McMillan Family Trick Riders. They were performing their horse riding tricks at the rodeo in Grand Coulee.

I liked watching them better than watching guys riding bulls, because they are kids just like me, er, well, except not flat.








And one of them even has my name!

This is Hannah McMillan on her horse at the rodeo. Pretty cool trick, huh? The horse is galloping fast.













Then, we got to meet her!

We went back to her family's campsite by the corral. They will be performing in rodeos in 11 western states this year, so they camp a lot.

Hannah was really nice. But what what would you expect with a name like Hannah!











After a long day at the Colorama Rodeo and Festival, we finally got to go to a nice dinner at a restaurant called The Melody. That's Grand Coulee Dam in the background.

Thanks for following my adventure in the Coulee!


No comments:

Post a Comment